Saturday, July 24, 2010

Fillies and Colts

Well its been some time since I have written, and if you have been waiting I apologize, got caught up. Mostly caught up in a break up that I went through. Yes I am officially single again. I hate being single, well I don't hate it I just don't like it very much. Not because I have to have a man or really need a man, I WANT a man in my life, someone to love hold share things with, laugh with, cry with, make love to or with. I don't like to have to do things alone all the time. I don't see many friends, well I don't see any at this time although I am making new ones now, very excited about this, but still its nice to have a man you love next to you or to know that he will be next to you soon. I miss talking to him daily, I miss kissing him every time we were together, I miss laughing with him and making love to him, I miss looking at him, I miss a lot of things, but I have t weigh what was missing in the relationship for us to get to the point where we let it go and I think at this point those things out weigh the things I listed that would hold the relationship together. Love is the icing on the cake but it does not make the cake. The cake has so many ingredients to make it especially to make it rise and hold it together. I/we needed more in our cake and we needed to be willing to make adjustments together to make our cake taste great and last. Well my guy it appears wasn't or isn't willing to make the adjustments needed but he also may not have known how best to make those adjustments. I will not bad mouth this man, he was great, is great, but I needed more from him or any man I am going to love for a life time. I don't want to say never ever will we not be together, but at this time we are on different paths, maybe they will cross again. I did want to marry this man and have his kid(s), boy did I want to do that and thought we were going to do all this, but I guess the universe sees something else for us. I know he will be better off and I will to, we will.

Now let me tell you about the ranch, the whole reason you probably are reading this blog. We are in the midst of halter breaking our biggest colt, Big Man. Yesterday daddy put a halter on him for the first time, that was interesting to witness. My dad had to get him separated from his momma by getting him in to a smaller part of the stall he is staying in with her and we shut it off. Then it was about putting a rope around his neck to reel him in. Dad tried a lead rope then we went to a lasso, my daddy has a lasso, think I am going to get one and learn how to use it. The lasso worked very well once daddy got it around his neck, which took a few tries. But Big Man fought a bit, nothing to wild, I've seen crazy wild, like in the last movie Clark Gable did with Marilyn Monroe remember the scene with him trying to tame the wild stallion, well this was mild compared to that and with a colt so not so big. Big Man pulled and tugged but eventually due to his becoming tired and realizing that we weren't going to hurt him and him learning to just give in, it was okay, he finally gave in. Daddy got the halter on his face pretty easily after all that. Big Man was sweaty and lathered up, his beige colored body turned gray from the sweat. He is now walking around his stall with lead rope attached to his halter so that he can get used to the feeling. His momma didn't do a thing, just ate her hay and ignored it all, until we were ready to let him go back into the part of the stall she was in then she noticed and called to him. I guess like other mothers, horses simple know that the one taking care of them will not hurt them so they wont hurt their baby and they are at ease. I later brushed the mare down, she, Jessalina, loves to be brushed, especially her head and forehead. She just stood there and let me do my thing, such a sweet disposition, but she didn't want me to stop. Her baby, Big Man didn't let me brush him, but a small amount, he was busy talking to Little Girl and Little Man. I then went into the stall with Little Man and his Momma, he came up to me and of course wanted to be brushed so he stood still while I did it, so sweet, but he is filling himself. His baby hair is coming out as with the other babies, and they are turning out to have a much different color coat than what we thought from their births. That is a trip to witness as well, they can come out with a buckskin color then shed their hair and turn out to be a rare color of Grullo(a mousey gray color). Either way our babies are turning out to be gorgeous and good looking. After brushing Little Man I got in the pasture and brushed Little Girl, who loves to be brushed, she doesn't like you to stop. She kept following me for a bit and walking up on me, her momma does the same but she was busy eating grass so she didn't pay much attention to me brushing anyone and didn't pay attention to me when I did finally brush her. She just kept eating grass and letting me brush her. That was my play date with the horses today, I love them, they are specially creatures, very intelligent and beautiful I feel lucky to be apart of their lives.

Daddy and I worked on the fence some more and we do have a bit more to do with the fence before its all complete and what we want, but its nice that we are making progress. After we complete outside we will tackle the inside of the house, boy do I have a few things I want to do in here, if I could go crazy I would but daddy isn't going to let me, I mean it is his house :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment