Thursday, June 24, 2010

The First Blog

Hey there folks, I am up and running. Welcome to my first blog. This will be a blog, much like a diary for me, of my life on the ranch. Let me give you a bit of background: I was raised in primarily in the city but lived on a ranch for the first two years of my high school life, I am now 40 and back on the ranch. I am an actress who has lived in LA, Boston, Oregon, Seattle and New York and now I'm in Oxford, Mississippi. It is interesting, exciting, beautiful, but at times it can be frustrating. I hope to share as much of my experience as I can with you, and hopefully something will be gained for me and for those who read this blog. The first thing I'd like to say is that Missisippi is not what you think it is and at the same time it is what you think it is. It is green and beautiful and people are friendly and helpful, but there is a seperation by just a few, not all, just a few who still have that 1800's mentality. There is a slower pace here, patience is a virtue here, but it's okay, there are city folks like me who have moved to this place and many places in Mississippi, who are bringing some progressive thought processes as well as learning to settle down and relax, truly relax and appreciate the calmness and history of the South. I look forward to sharing with you my life in the country on the ranch. I do want to hear feed back and commentary so please chime in.

Dee

1 comment:

  1. this is great, detra! keep 'em coming. can't wait to see your vlog post, 2. turn on that computer camera, girl. i can hear your voice through your words. just imagine how powerful it'll be once folks see you. :) proud of you! monice.

    ReplyDelete